- Cooking this in a "bain marie" better known as steam bath. I try to fool proof my recipes as much as I possibly can!
- Adding a 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, once again just a tried and true fool proofing to prevent cracks.
- Adding in 3/4 cups instead of 1/4 of sour cream- cause I really love a creamy cheesecake.
- Cooking the cake on 400 degrees instead of 450 degrees during the first round. My oven is super efficient I tried to bake this cake on 450 one time- the top browned a bit much.
- A splash of lemon juice, no zest - last time I used the zest the recipe called for, my family complained it "too lemony". Ugh- I love lemon so if your lemon lover leave as is
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature so they blend well (eggs, cream cheese, sour cream) otherwise your cake may turn out lumpy.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Ina Garten's Raspberry Cheescake Recipe Review
Ina's Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe a try. The recipe works beautifully as is, I just had to personalize it a bit so here are my tweaks:
Posted by Chef Jen DePalma at 1:56 PM